Ethics & Compliance Program
We pride ourselves in having a culture of integrity that starts with the leadership of the Company and flows to each employee, where everyone is aware and aligned with our One General Cable Values. Integrity is the foundation for everything we do every day, in every action and interaction with each other and with all external parties.
We aim to have a world-class Ethics & Compliance Program where each employee:
Our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, which emphasizes our Values, is what we live by every day. Our global presence requires us to be cognizant of and to abide by U.S. laws and the laws of every country in which we operate. We expect our employees to go beyond these laws and embrace the spirit and purpose of these laws.
- Lives to our One General Cable Values
- Is aware of the risks, knowledgeable of what to do, and committed to doing the right thing
- Operates in an environment that supports ethical and compliant behavior
Our Ethics & Compliance program incorporates comprehensive systems and disciplined processes for ongoing risk assessments, training in relevant risk areas, regular communications with employees, proactive audits and handling and management of reported concerns.
Our robust program will support business growth by:
… and when prevention fails…
- Preventing misses through leadership engagement, trainings, and a ‘speak up’ culture
… and when detected…
- Detecting misses through our global policies, controls, audits and our Compliance HelpLine reporting
A key program element is having employees operate in an open reporting environment where they are free to ask any questions or concerns by raising these to their immediate supervisor, Human Resources, Legal, the Global Compliance Office or to the Compliance HelpLine.
- Responding efficiently and effectively through our defined processes to achieve prompt remediation